CROWNE PLAZA HELSINKI WINS ACCOLADES AGAIN
Named Finland’s Luxury Business Hotel
Each year the World Luxury Hotel Awards shine a spotlight on the world's most sought after hotels and resorts. The most acclaimed luxury hotels for 2012 were recently announced at the World Luxury Hotel Awards Gala Ceremony held in Kuala Lumpur on October 13. We are happy to report that Crowne Plaza Helsinki can now add the title Finland’s Luxury Business Hotel 2012 to its list of honours.
“On behalf of the entire staff, I am very pleased. Today’s customers are very discerning, the smallest of details can determine whether or not they leave with the feeling of satisfaction that we strive to produce," says Crowne Plaza Helsinki General Manager Saija Savela-Palovaara. “This award is indicative of the winning attitude and drive that is the backbone of our service excellence. We are very proud to be included in the company of the world's finest hotels,” Savela-Palovaara continues.
The World Luxury Hotel Awards offers luxury hotels recognition for effective management, dedication and enthusiasm. The awards organization seeks to preserve the significance of customer service expertise by encouraging hotel staff to intensify their attention to detail and exceed customer expectation. Experience has shown that customers booking facilities at a hotel that has earned World Luxury Hotel Awards recognition do so with the greatest of confidence.
Hotels are nominated for official World Luxury Hotel Awards based on their general service excellence and exceptional facilities. The competition is only open to hotels and resorts that operate in the luxury market segment. In the same vein as the Golden Globe Awards or the Oscars, a World Luxury Hotel Awards title is the most highly regarded and prestigious recognition that exists in the global hotel sector.
World Luxury Hotel Awards facts:
- Winners are chosen annually from an group of over 1,000 hotels, holiday destination and private islands
- 2012 saw a 50% increase in the number of countries participating in World Luxury Hotel Awards voting
- Hotels can be nominated for awards by hotel guests, tour operators and independent travel consultants
- Nominating parties can vote once annually
- Hotels participating in the World Luxury Hotel Awards voting compete in selected categories on country, continental and global levels
- Each luxury hotel can compete in up to three separate categories deemed applicable
- Hotels receiving the most votes in their respective categories are also designated global winners
Saija Savela-Palovaara, Crowne Plaza Helsinki, General Manager, tel. +358 9 2521 0000
Gabor Pusztai, Restel Hotel Group, Regional Manager / Helsinki region, tel. +358 400 605274